Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Beautiful Bietigheim!

Since my host family lives in Sachsenheim, today's official tour of Bietigheim was the first opportunity I had to see this beautiful city. Sachsenheim is much more quiet, and everything seems closer together - not crowded, just a very good use of space. Bietigheim, on the other hand, is a little busier and more open, with wide cobblestone streets, more like a typical rustic European town (as far as I can tell; maybe "stereotypical" is more appropriate). It was dfficult to hear much of what the guide said, but it's obvious that this town contains a lot of history!

After the guided tour, we had some time to wander around on our own, both before and after having a typical German meal. I keep saying it, but Beitigheim is such a beautiful town! It was wonderful to have the chance to explore the winding back streets and little shops, and I know a lot of people appreciated the opportunity to shop for inexpensive souvenirs. Personally, I haven't bought any yet (other than a few postcards from Rome), but as of today I've taken nearly 1500 pictures.. I think that will do just as well.

And tonight we'll finally have our first concert! I'm so excited. I was actually really happy to rehearse today, because I'm still sort of new to the French horn (I'm really a trumpet player) and it's kind of exciting and fun for me. I'm still learning about the instrument, which I love doing, and I get to make great music with this band at the same time, so I'm winning all around! I can't wait for the concert (and I have to go soon) - so until tomorrow, Auf Wiedersehen!