Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

End of Our Rome Trip, Beginning of Our German Adventure!


The last couple of days in Rome have been so wonderful. It is truly beautiful there, though I am slightly sunburned. Some highlights of yesterday:
Here I am tossing a coin into the Trevvi Fountain and making a wish. An hour of shopping immediately followed this moment, where I bought plenty of souvenirs for friends and family.
Alexis N. pretends to eat straight parmesian cheese during our dinner that was strangely similar to that of the day before, but still great.
This morning was a very tired one for most of us. Though we are slowly beating jetlag, our 6 am wakeup call left us all a bit fatigued.

Cassie B, Brett L, and Amanda N. were quite tired while waiting for breakfast to be served this morning.

Good planning gave us a little time to take pictures at the Coliseum after breakfast. On top is Erin E. and Kaitlin W. who are followed by Rachel W. and Dan R.

The counterparts to Mr. Miller’s “Das Miller” are Mrs. Miller’s “Women Millers.” Here we are in front of the Coliseum. From left to right, Alison L, myself, Kaitlin W, Stephanie G, Sarah J, Stephanie M, Erin E, Cassie B, Alexis N, Evangeline T, and Mrs. Miller.
Our time at the Coliseum, which was amazing, was followed by a very warm tour of the Roman Forum. Then, we all shipped off to a well preserved Ancient Roman city, Ostia Antigua.




Brett L. and Sam H. enjoyed a view of the Ostian public toilets, where privacy was scarce.
Rachel W. pranced around the Ostian forum, which reminded us of the “Hills Are Alive” scene in The Sound of Music.
A quintet of DGS students wrote a song in the airport with different pitches of Coke bottles. After blowing over the bottles to make the first chord, I quote Mike R, “I’m a minor seventh!”

That brings me to now, where I sit in the middle of the night blogging after having a wonderful first experience with my host family. I already think they are wonderful people, and I can’t thank them enough. I know more great memories will soon follow.