Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our Moment Is Here ... The Time Is Now!

Our moment is here, and the time is now.   We are less than 24 hours away from embarking on the 2012 tour. As I spent my day packing and running last minute errands, I caught myself smiling for no apparent reason ... other than just feeling genuinely proud of the members of the D99 Honors Band.


This post will mark my first that is more about 'personal reflections,' and much less about announcements and logistical detail.  From here on out I think (hope) you will find that most of my writing will be about celebrating the successes of our students, and doing what I can to keep our family and friends back home updated with news from the 'front lines.' 

So, to begin our 'celebrating,' I would like to simply say "thank you" to all of the amazing people that make up this tour entourage.  To my faculty/staff colleagues ... thanks for your hard work on behalf of our mutual students, and for going above and beyond so many times (already) to make this trip a reality for all of us.  To our wonderful students, thanks for your hard work in preparation for the tour.  My wish for you is that 15-20 years from now you will be able to look back on this experience as fondly as I remember my very first exchange in Bietigheim-Bissingen.  

Finally, this might be a good time for me to point out that on the right hand column of the blog you will see new links added to a section that's called "Through the Eyes Of ..."  If you click on any of the names of our student or staff bloggers during the tour, you will be redirected to a list of posts from that particular writer.  I hope this will allow you to narrow your reading/viewing focus as you desire.


See you Wednesday at 4:45 PM ... DGS.  Europe, here we come!