Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

3 Things I Learned at a German Aldi






Having been to Germany six times now (through my association with the Musikschule Exchange) I am very pleased that there are still many opportunities for personal/professional growth and learning. Today I learned three new things while shopping with my host at the grocery store:







1) In Germany there are VENDING MACHINES at Aldi for fresh baked bread. Really?







2) To use a shopping cart, you must insert a 1 Euro coin into the cart, and then you can unlock it and use it. When you return it ... to the stall at the front of the store where you got it (not in the parking lot next to your car) you get your 1 Euro coin back.








3) There is at least one other man on the planet (in addition to me) that has to call his wife on his iPhone because he can't remember what he was supposed to buy!