Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Last of Rome


     We have finished an amazing few days in Rome seeing even more sights and collecting even more stories (see above: Mike winning in Ostia).  There is so much in that city that I feel like I could spend a week there and not get everything done.  But I am also glad to be here in Germany.  My host family has been so kind to me, I really feel very comfortable and welcome here.  And I am glad that they have such a sense of humor.  And for a surprising proportion of the time, I understand what they are laghing about, even though I don't speak German.  I didn't expect to understand as much as I do (which isn't too much, but I didn't think I would get any of what they said when they spoke German).  I had a really nice, relaxing day today visiting an engineering museum, enjoying the extremely beautiful countryside, and finishing with a delicious barbeque outside with my host family.  They made me feel right at home, and I am very grateful for that.