Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Off to Europe!

                                     
     Wow, I cannot believe last night was our send-off concert and we are leaving for our 4,800 mile exchange tomorrow. With only a little over twenty-four hours left and an entire suitcase still needing to be packed, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the immensity of this trip that we are about to go on because we are about to stay with families we have only talked with through social media and visit cities that boast thousands upon thousands of years worth of history. (We'll be standing where some of the most famous Roman emperors stood!)
     Up until just last night during our final send-off concert, the whole idea of traveling overseas and participating in this trip just didn't feel real to me. Reading the itinerary over again this morning, I thought having the chance to visit places such as the Vatican, the Roman coliseum, numerous castles in Germany, and visiting the United States Army base are things that only happen once in a lifetime. So, as I start to pack my bags to leave, I think over this idea of once in a lifetime, and I remember why I signed up for this trip at the beginning of the school year.
     I would like to thank Mr. Teague and Mr. Williams for being awesome band directors throughout the week and truly pushing us to be the greatest at all of these pieces. (Super special thanks to Mr. Teague for taking the picture during rehearsal yesterday morning!) The pieces that we will be playing in Germany are sounding fantastic and it would not have been possible without your help!