Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

So I Guess We're Going to Europe

     For the past several weeks, I was repeatedly asked about my upcoming trip to Italy and Germany.  And, for most of that time, I could tell curious friends and family only a very basic outline of what was going to happen or where we were going.  The trip crept up on me as I'm sure it did for others.  It has been a very busy couple of weeks, and I have been able to postpone the task of actually comprehending the trip to Europe by focusing instead on the more immediate events.  Now, as I sit here on my computer with my bags packed beside me, I have no such pressing events with which to distract myself.  I'm forced to realize that, in just a few hours, we'll be leaving the country.

     In addition to knowing very little about the trip to tell anyone who asked, I fear that I have given them the impression that I don't consider the voyage to be of much importance or significance.  In other words, I didn't seem too excited.  But, without the tight schedule of a week of rehearsals for various bands or the daunting task of packing to leave for a completely unfamiliar continent, I can tell you how I feel with confidence and enthusiasm: I'm super excited!  Of course I can't wait to visit Rome and play the concerts, but I am surprised by how much I am looking forward to meeting my host family in Germany.  I am eagerly awaiting each part of this adventure, and I can't wait to get started with some of the best people and musicians that I know.