Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Thank You


As I was thinking back on the trip, I kept thinking about everything I learned. While it would be impossible to state everything here, I would like to touch on some highlights.

1. How Italian toilets flush
2. That Rick Steve’s travel books are the best
3. The difference between still and sparkling water
4. In German there are three forms of the: Das, Dir, and Die
5. Germans eat four meals a day: Breakfast, Lunch (the biggest), Tea, and Dinner
6. You can eat a pretzel at every meal.
7. In Germany, tiny orange trucks water the plaints
8. People are allowed to run at German pools
9. A bass trombone will fit in the overhead compartment.
10. How Germans celebrate a football victory

I could not have been able to experience many of these without the help of my host family, the Stengers. They were extremely welcoming, and fed me so much food that I have not been hungry since I got home.

I would especially like to thank my host student Magdalena, and her brother Leopold, for their awesome translations for me. I am eternally grateful to you both for making the week great.